Thursday 10 December 2009

Well I have been working on modelling the head for my character some slight changes to the actual sketch witch I will later re-draw to keep up to date with my model.

First of all, the Additional Research/inspiration

I am currently looking at more insects for more ideas on my character recently I have been drawn to the ‘Prawn’ from District 9








and the Xindi from Star Trek Enterprise






Now here’s the head model, it too roughly 2-3 hours work it will rely heavily on textures to give it a better detailed look although I could spare the polygons

Poly Count 500
Tri Count 1,000
Vertices 557

[WARNING] Image is 1920x1080.



I will be modelling a gas mask for my character. Here are some pictures of some masks. The gas mask will be Human made but will have Alien Enhancements, I will explain this in a later post but for now here’s my research on the masks

SAS Gas Mask








Ukraine Gas Mask









US M40 Gas Mask








That’s it for today enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment